Thursday 23 February 2012

DAY TWO: Fashion


Suffice to say that my adLenture has kicked off to an epic start. 



When I conceived the idea for my 40 Day Challenge, I never once expected to be thrown into the deep end so quickly.  But that's exactly what happened.  It's only Day Two and I have already been overwhelmed with new experiences.  And it's all thanks to three little, but highly worshipped, words:


London. Fashion. Week.


Yesterday saw me grace the hallowed corridors of the British Fashion Council as I took part in what can only be described at the Holy Grail of all things Haute Couture.  The clothes, the models, the press, the hairspray: it was all there.  And so was I.  A LFW virgin  having to "fake it til I make it" as a connoisseur of trends and styles.  Talk about a Baptism of Fire.


Work it BABY!
Thanks to my relentlessly fab-u-lous friend Tom (www.tomprofessional.com), I gained unlimited access to all the VIP areas of Men's Day at LFW.  I knew the day would be one to remember after we bumped into über-camp Christopher Biggins on The Strand at 10am and air kissed until our cheeks were sore (incidentally, this had nothing to do with LFW or the events to follow, it was just a casual rendez-vous.  Nachrelly, Dahhhling.  Fast forward three hours, and I am sat with London's top fashionistas, scrutinising the collections of designers such as Lou Dalton, James Long (my personal favourite: lots of big scarves and patent trousers) and Oliver Spencer.  Going backstage after Oliver's show, the madness of fashion week truly hits.  Make-up artists and half-naked men abound, and every other person seems to have an entourage.  Erm, where was mine?  Maybe next year...



David Gandy.  Three words.  O.M.G.
Sipping champagne, talking to David Gandy (God, you did a good job on that one...) and getting photographed and filmed by about thirty different press wannabes seems like a distant dream now.  A dream that I was very reluctant to wake up from.  Well, at least I have a bag full of freebies to remind me of my little sashay into the world of Devils wearing Prada, and skinny boys and girls wearing names, not clothes. 


Day Two's new venture: shine at London Fashion Week.  DONE!


Peace & Love,
Rich xx



1 comment:

  1. Thanks Kieran! Yeah, sneaky is definitely the word.
    Keep reading to see my other exciting adventures :)
    x

    ReplyDelete